Thursday, January 29, 2009

What have I Become




Click Click he’s cloaking me
As he walks down the crowded line
I picture in my mind all the dead bodies that im going to see within the length of time
Some body’s going to die.

As he fires the first shot at fort Sumter
I just know in the back of my mind this shot
Has caused hell as bodies’ drop I just know there’s going to be pain in family’s minds when they find out that there husbands and sons or dead.

Boom Bang as I hear a shot
And a bullet comes right to my master I just know he’s dead
As he hits the ground I fall hard
And the last bullet is fired from me
I just know in the back of my mind
My bullet has caused this war
And has caused my master to die
And caused my master family a whole lot of pain

At the end of the war my one shot
Well still be that shot fired at fort Sumter
And caused the civil war and caused
A lot of people hardtack and pain
And caused thousands of people to lay wounded and dead
And still I have to live with all this pain
Knowing my shot caused everything

1 comment:

brad said...

I like your intrepretation of the gun's voice. This is a good poem with very good content. The only thing missing is the slang. Good Job!

28/30